If you are one of the many homeowner’s in Dallas / Fort Worth that are currently struggling to sell your home you need every advantage you can get. One of the first things that any real estate agent or home stager will tell you is that should remove the clutter from your home. Unfortunately, this is something that most homeowners overlook or simply choose not to do and the result is their home does not show well to prospective buyers when they come to look.
There are many things you can’t change about your house but nothing impresses a potential buyer more than a clean and organized home. Here are a few suggestions to help get you started:
- Rooms should be sparsely furnished. This will make the room appear larger and lighter.
- Do not allow furniture to block windows, doorways or traffic patterns.
- Remove personal items. Too many personal collections or family photographs are distracting for buyers. Buyers must be able to imagine their own family in the home, not yours.
- Bedrooms should appear restful and serene. Sparsely furnished is best. Children’s rooms usually need to be simplified. Take down posters and box up toys.
- Relieve your closets if they are stuffed. Pack items that are not needed. You want the buyer to feel like they will have plenty of storage space.
Once you have everything packed up, the next step is to rent a self-storage unit like the ones available at this Fort Worth, TX self storage facility. Renting a storage unit is very inexpensive and is great place to store these items while your home is on the market. Not only will these suggestions help your home show better and probably sell quicker, once you do sell you will have a great head start on packing.
For information about leasing a unit contact Blue Mound – 287 Self Storage today at 817-439-1380 and ask how to get one FREE month of rent.